In the early 1980’s, a brave young Muslim-background businessman moved to Rajshahi, a medical hub for Bangladesh, on the Ganges River, just a few kilometers from India. The young man began witnessing to Muslims, encouraging believers to remain within their families and culture. As a result, three house fellowships were started. These fellowships are growing, vibrant and bold in outreach, but much depth in discipleship and knowledge of God’s Word is needed to sustain the movement.
In the past, the ministry has been forced to focus on the men, with the women and children being much less accessible. That is beginning to change. However, women are still less literate and more limited in travel opportunities and free time.
- Pray for the house fellowships to grow in maturity, obedience and knowledge of God’s Word. Pray for godly elders to be appointed who are committed to holy living and service. (1 Tim 3:1-13)
- Pray that believing husbands would teach their wives, maintain family devotions and take responsibility for their children’s faith. Pray that more women would find opportunities to grow in maturity.
- Some people in the city have begun to sell Bibles in the Muslim dialect of Bengali. Pray that seekers would buy, read and understand God’s Word.
- In the larger Rajshahi district, there are many seekers and young believers who meet together sporadically. Pray that believers would see the need for regular weekly worship.
- Pray for a significant witness on Rajshahi campuses among the thousands of stu-dents. There has been some fruit recently.
Video Prayer / Faith Fuel:
From August 9th – September 9th 2010 Worldwide Mission Fellowship will be praying that Muslims around the world going through Ramadan will turn to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, this is in conjunction with similar prayer strategies around the world supported by Open Doors and 30 days of Prayer. Our ultimate prayer is for their salvation. The site will be updated daily at 05:45 GMT to coincide with our early morning prayer meeting so you can join us in prayer wherever you are.