However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves.
We are hedged in (pressed) on every side [troubled and oppressed in every way], but not cramped or crushed; we suffer embarrassments and are perplexed and unable to find a way out, but not driven to despair; We are pursued (persecuted and hard driven), but not deserted [to stand alone]; we are struck down to the ground, but never struck out and destroyed.
Always carrying about in the body the liability and exposure to the same putting to death that the Lord Jesus suffered, so that the [resurrection] life of Jesus also may be shown forth by and in our bodies.2 Corinthians 4:7-10
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
Dear prayer warriors
Today, as believers worldwide join in prayer to mark the ‘International Day of Prayer’ for the persecuted church worldwide; pray that more governments around the world will wake up to the extremes persecution faced by so many believers around the globe. Pray that world leader will come under the conviction of The Holy Spirit and be moved with compassion to take decisive action.
At least 360 million Christians around the world experience high levels of persecution and discrimination. That’s an astonishing 1 in 7 of the global Christian population.
According to ‘Open Doors,’ Afghanistan, remains the most persecuted nation in the world; taking the top spot from North Korea in 2021. North Korea is now second followed by Somalia, Libya, Yemen, Eritrea, Nigeria Pakistan, Iran and India. These are the top ten nations where following Jesus costs the most. But there are another 40 persecuted nations known about.
How they need and are so grateful for our daily, ‘Holy Spirit’ led prayers!.
Let us also remember in prayer people in unreached places that only God knows about right now.
Pray for the Persecuted Church
- PRAY for the Salvation of every tyrannical government leader under whose watch unimaginable persecutions are taking place
- PRAY that the precious Light of the Gospel will continue to shine forth, through the persecuted church worldwide, dispelling the darkness around them.
- PRAY for ongoing courage for the suffering church in the face of extreme persecution. Let us remember, in particular the people of Iran, Eritrea, Nigeria, the ongoing conflict in Ukraine and all those in the body of Christ on the frontline offering practical and spiritual support in the midst of the most adverse and dangerous situations.
- PRAY that the Joy of the Lord will manifest itself through the invigorating strength of the Lord in the face of adversity for every persecuted believer in the body of Christ worldwide.
- THANK THE LORD that though the persecuted church may be hedged in on every side, troubled and oppressed, they are not crushed.
- PRAY for all those imprisoned for their faith; remember in prayer their families and children; this month the focus of prayer for ‘Open Doors’ is persecuted children. So many children across the world have known the destructive consequences of war and displacement.
- PRAY that God will provide children in war-torn countries like Iraq, Syria and Yemen with a bright future of safety, stability and freedom in their faith.
- THANK THE LORD that in the midst of being pursued and hard driven the persecuted church is not deserted or stand alone; we stand WILL stand with them in prayer, with God’s help. Though they are struck down to the ground they are NEVER struck out and destroyed.
- PRAY that every persecuted believer will know they are prayed for and not forgotten!
And if one member suffers, all the parts (share) the suffering: if one member is honoured, all the members (share) in the enjoyment of it.1 Corinthians 12:26
- CONTINUE TO PRAY for believers in the Afghanistan. Pray that they find strength, wisdom, and supernatural peace in God’s promises. Pray that believers will receive the pastoral care that they need.
- PRAY for the thousands of Afghans who are fleeing into neighbouring countries after Taliban’s takeover.
- CONTINUE TO PRAY for the women. Many women fear that the Taliban rule mean they will be stripped of opportunities for education. Women involved in education during the past years could also be at risk – pray for their protection.
- CONTINUE TO PRAY for the children. Pray for the schools and educational programs, that somehow they will function. And pray that God will preserve the dignity and wellness of the children, by raising up bold, prophetic warriors who will guard children’s safety and fight for their protection from all kinds of abuses.
- CONTINUE TO PRAY that food will be accessible and affordable. People are struggling right now, because supply chains have broken down – as they are slowly reinitiated, inflation and access is becoming a problem.
- CONTIUE TO PRAY for health and wellness. There is no certainty as to how the healthcare system is able to sustain itself with the Taliban government. Pray that the healthcare system will not collapse. Medicines are in short supply. Pray that clean water continues to run in taps – if water becomes contaminated in the cities, there will be widespread disease and illness.
PRAY for Almighty God to deliver North Korea, a nation long enslaved by a brutal regime.
- PRAY for Kim Jong Un to be saved and for his tyrannical regime to collapse.
- ASK THE LORD TO ARISE! on behalf of the suffering church in North Korea. Ask the Lord to put Kim Jong Un in fear of Him and make Kim Jong Un realise he is a mere man in desperate need of Salvation.
- PRAY for Miraculous food supplies to be provided to feed the hungry. Many youths who cannot withstand the hunger resort to leaving North Korea so they can get their hands on a meal but as a result of this many young people are sold to China as sex slaves.
- PRAY for truth of the Gospel to spread and liberate the nation from this evil regime filled with indoctrination and lies.
- PRAY for safety for believers escaping North Korea; those who run the risk of being caught, deported, tried for treason and possibly disappear like mist in a prison cell.
More Christians are murdered for their faith in Nigeria than in any other country and violence is increasing.
- PRAY for those who are mourning for loved ones, to know God’s peace.
- PRAY that God would lovingly heal women and girls suffering trauma after sexual attacks.
- CONTINUE TO PRAY for Leah Sharibu and all the other girls still in captivity, as far as we know.
- PRAY that Nigeria’s government will take decisive action to protect all the citizens in the country.
As thousands of women and men in Iran take part in protests after the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini, Iranian Christians ask the global church to be their voice and to pray for the nation.
“Lord Jesus, pour out Your peace and justice on Iran today. Comfort Mahsa Amini’s family as they grieve and seek answers about her death. Protect protestors from violence – help them to make their voices heard and so bring about greater freedom of true faith in the country. Help the church in Iran to unite in prayer and be a beacon of hope to their communities during this turbulent time. Amen”.
You can register for the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church with Release International on the link below. The online event will take place at 19:30 UK time
My people are bent on backsliding from Me.
Though they call to the Most High,
None at all exalt Him.
8 “How can I give you up, Ephraim?
How can I hand you over, Israel?
How can I make you like Admah?
How can I set you like Zeboiim?
My heart churns within Me;
My sympathy is stirred.
9 I will not execute the fierceness of My anger;
I will not again destroy Ephraim.
For I am God, and not man,
The Holy One in your midst;
And I will not come with terror.
10 “They shall walk after the Lord.
He will roar like a lion.
When He roars,
Then His sons shall come trembling from the west;
11 They shall come trembling like a bird from Egypt,
Like a dove from the land of Assyria.
And I will let them dwell in their houses,”
Says the Lord.
12 “Ephraim has encircled Me with lies,
And the house of Israel with deceit;
But Judah still walks with God,
Even with the Holy One who is faithful.
As we approach the Jewish New Year 5782 Rosh Hashanah’ meaning head of the year. “Head of the Year.” The New Year begins with the sounding of the shofar which is a wake-up blast and a sobering reminder that the time is near for the Day of Atonement. This is the beginning of a ten day period leading up to ‘Yom Kippur’ the Day of Atonement, the holiest day on the Jewish calendar. These days are known as ‘Days of Awe’
It is a call to ‘teshuvah’, which is repentance, turning back to the LORD, Leviticus 23:23-25.
These ten days are days of great introspection, heart-searching and self-examination. The sound of the shofar for the Jew was, and still continues to be, a call to examine their life, to make amends with all those they may have wronged in the previous year, and to ask forgiveness for any vows they may have broken. So the primary theme of Rosh Hashanah is one of repentance.
Like all the Lord’s appointed days Rosh Hashanah points Christians to an even greater reality. For those who have placed their faith in ‘Yeshua’; The Word of God clearly shows us, as in our recent Bible readings (Hosea 6:1-3 & Hosea 10:12) the true meaning of the call to repentance and of turning our hearts toward God. The God of the Bible indeed has a Book of Life. The Bible clearly warns us that on the Day of Judgment, which is yet to come, anyone’s name not found in the Book of Life will reside in the lake of fire for all eternity (Revelation 20:15).
For all those who have placed their trust in the atoning work of Jesus through His life, death, burial, and resurrection (2 Corinthians 5:21), their names are already written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. And now, even we believers in Jesus listen for that trumpet call, “For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–18).
LET US ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT to help us to fully grasp the deep significance of this ‘Kiros’ time and season. May this be a time of deep soul searching; a time of taking, as it were, ‘spiritual inventory’.
LET US ALLOW THE SEARCH LIGHT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT to examine our hearts in a deeper way. We do not want to be liars and deceivers as part of our reading today in Acts 5 so evidently showed us, which had deadly consequences. But instead May we be those who continually walk with our God in sweet fellowship!
Who is a God like you, who forgives iniquity and passes over the transgressions of the remnant of His heritage? He retains not His anger forever, but He delights in mercy and loving-kindness.
He will again have compassion on us; He will subdue and tread underfoot our iniquities. You will cast our sins into the depth of the sea. You will show Your faithfulness and perform the sure promise to Jacob and loving-kindness and mercy to Abraham, as You have sworn to our fathers from the days of old.
SALVATION OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE
Isaiah 62:1,7 – For Zion sake I will not hold my peace…
PRAY for Jewish people all over the world, at this time, as they prepare for ‘Rosh Hashanah’ and the ‘Days of Awe’. Pray that they will hear the ‘Wake Up call’ of the Holy Spirit and come under heavy conviction, repent and be saved!
2 Corinthians 3:14-16
PRAY for the veil over their hearts and minds to be removed as they confess their sins and turn to the Lord.
PRAY that they would come to their senses and escape out of the snare of the devil.
PRAY for a spiritual awakening throughout the nation’s to their spiritual lost-ness and a revelation of who Jesus Christ is; The ONE who came to seek and to save that which was lost.
PRAY for the Lord’s purification work to take place in hearts of the young and old among the Jewish people in this season.
May our hearts be kept pure and clean so that out of the abundance of our hearts our mouths, like a shofar, will constantly declare the prophetic Word, as faithful witnesses.
LET US offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, at all times, that is the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name.
Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name.
Sunday morning 25th July 2021 at 11am start!
We will hold an outdoor service on the grounds of Virgo Fidelis School
“THE GATHERING” (weather permitting)
Please aim to gather for 10:30 am.
Please bring your own seating folding chair or picnic blanket! as we plan to hold the service in the big field.
If the weather does not permit we will still hold a service as a drive-through service or indoors at the church at 61-65 Elder Road.
If that happens to be the case then we would still ask that Virgo Fidelis car park be used and we use the minibus to shuttle people from the car park to the church for those who find the walk difficult.
We so looking forward to being together again!
Dear Brothers & Sisters
Every day I am becoming more aware as I am being contacted by people of the demonic strongholds that individuals are opening themselves to by what they are listening to, watching, touching and thinking!
Now demonic influences are taking control. If you or you know someone who is under such attack it is time for deliverance from within.
Take time to think on and pray the words I have listed below from your heart to be able to seal your confession in Christ and walk in the light free from the darkness you may have entered into.
Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
1 Corinthians 2:16 But we have the mind of Christ.
Psalms 94:19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
Prayer for Protection of Mind
God, my Fortress, there is a war in my mind right now. Your Word tells me to surrender everything to You in prayer, and then You will give me Your peace. This precious promise is why I cry out to You now. My mind is a battleground right now, and I need Your protection. Guard my heart and mind through Christ Jesus, and make my mind Your stronghold. Lead me out of the battle into Your safety. Amen.
Prayer for Peace of Mind
Lord, my Peace-bringer, my mind is far from peaceful and is in great turmoil as if controlled by someone else. I know that I need to be tethered to You for my flesh not to have control. Please help me engage with Your Word and keep my mind fixed on You. I need the promised perfect peace that only You can give. Please take control of my mind and bring Your peace. Amen.
Prayer for a Calm Mind
God of all Comfort, I am seeking tranquility for my mind. As I pray and meditate upon Your Word, my mind often drifts to my to-do lists and needs. I pause now from my day. I breathe out a deep sigh from within my soul and ask, will You please quiet my storm? Help me remember all Your goodness to me. Deliver me from anxiety and the battle that rages for control of my mind. Amen.
Prayer for a Guarded Mind
O Jehovah, my God, I know that as long as I live here, I will battle my sinful nature. Recently, that battle is in my mind. I am begging for You to quiet all voices except Your own. Let Your voice be as clear as the birds singing at dawn. Place a wall around me and fight for my mind as I seek to follow after You. I surrender my all to You. Amen.
Prayers for a Pure Mind
Heavenly Father, my mind is exposed daily to things that are not holy or pure, so I know I need more of You Christ. It is also hard to focus on the good when my mind is replaying all the bad things I have done. There is a constant barrage from within and without, and I need Your help. Please guide me to scriptures, places, and people that can help cultivate the mind of Christ within me. Amen.
Prayer for a Fixed Mind
God of Miracles, in my spirit, I know I need more of You in my life. Please help me understand who You are and to experience Your transforming power. My thoughts tend toward those that center on ungodly things. I want to fix my mind on You and Your love, knowing that this will surely bring peace. I pray You would lead and guide me so I may know You deeper. Amen.
Prayer for a Surrendered Mind
O God of Loving Devotion, the knowledge of Your salvation and love for me is a helmet for my mind. My mind should focus on these things instead of the choices and decisions of the past. However, it is the negative thoughts that reign supreme and play over and over in my mind. I am praying Lord Jesus that You would take You rightful place of authority and reign supreme over my mind. Amen.
Be blessed in health, healing, and wholeness,